Big Data Glossary
What is NoSQL?
Definition of NoSQL
What is NoSQL?
NoSQL (Not only SQL) is a type of database management system that is used to store and retrieve large amounts of unstructured and semi-structured data. It is designed to handle the scale and complexity of modern big data and is often used for real-time web, mobile, and gaming applications. Unlike traditional relational databases, which use SQL and a fixed schema, NoSQL databases use a variety of data models, such as key-value, document, columnar, and graph, and have a more flexible schema.
Some of the key features of NoSQL databases include:
- High scalability: NoSQL databases can scale horizontally, by adding more machines to a cluster, to handle large amounts of data and high traffic.
High performance: NoSQL databases are designed to provide low latency and high throughput, making them well-suited for real-time and high-performance applications.
- Flexible data model: NoSQL databases use a variety of data models that can be easily adapted to changing data and query patterns.
- Distributed architecture: NoSQL databases are designed to work in a distributed environment, allowing data to be spread across multiple machines for better performance and availability.
- Schema-less: NoSQL databases are schema-less, meaning that the structure of the data can change over time, without the need for a predefined schema.
Some popular NoSQL databases include MongoDB, Cassandra, and Redis. NoSQL databases are well suited for big data and real-time web, mobile, and gaming applications but it can be less suitable for applications that require complex transactions and rigorous data consistency.
The All-in-One Platform for Modern Integration
Crosser is a hybrid-first platform that in one Low-code platform has all the capabilities that you traditionally would need several systems for.
In one easy-to-use platform:
- Event Processing
- Data Ingestion & Integration
- Streaming ETL
- Batch ETL/ELT
- Reverse ETL - bidirectional
- Stream Analytics
- Inference of AI/ML models
- Automation Workflows
Crosser Solution for Data Mining
Explore the key features of the platform here →
Want to learn more about how Crosser could help you and your team to:
- Build and deploy data pipelines faster
- Save cloud cost
- Reduce use of critical resources
- Simplify your data stack