Crosser Edge Director - Node Orchestration
Moving from proofs-of-concept to live rollouts requires deep understanding and respect for life-cycle challenges. How do you keep track of different types of assets (machines, equipment, devices) that require different data collection, data processing, and actions?
And how do you make changes to an algorithm without being dependent on developers or data scientists that often are bottlenecks in an organization?
Especially if that change is to be made across thousands of Edge Nodes?
And how do you get visibility over API’s, Connectors and Integrations?
There are many operational challenges to consider in order to secure the lowest possible life-cycle cost and project success.
70-90% of the Total Cost of Ownership of software life-cycle is typically related to hidden manual tasks. The Edge Director is packed with smart features designed to address and automate provisioning, deployment, mass-configuration changes and software updates.
Part of Crosser Cloud
The Edge Director is part of Crosser Cloud - the Design and Orchestration Cloud
- Crosser Cloud is a multi-tenant service that runs on Microsoft Azure
- Only control data and usage statistics flow between the Crosser Cloud and the Crosser Nodes
- Once the Flow configuration is deployed the node can run autonomously without the Cloud
- Crosser Cloud doesn’t see any of your company data as you control and run your Crosser Nodes.
Provisioning & Security
Secure download and deployment of the Crosser Nodes
- Crosser Nodes are deployed using Docker containers
- One-command Docker image provisioning Certificate Key management for secure control of Edge Nodes registration
- Organize and group Edge Nodes with Labels
- All traffic between a Node and Edge Director is initiated by the Node for easy traversal of firewalls
Smart Flow Deployment
Smart remote testing and automated roll-out of Flows to Edge Nodes. In mass
Live Test View. Debug and test your Flow on remote Live Nodes before mass-deployment.
Labels. Group and deploy Flows with Labels to an unlimited number of Nodes in one operation.
Dynamic Module Deployment. Automatically load only the modules used in a flow.
Flow version control. A deployed Flow can´t be changed. A new version is required.
Software updates & Node Monitoring
Making software updates and Node control easy and automated
- OTA (over-the-air) Software updates
- Node monitoring through keep-alive signaling from Nodes
- Data & system usage & statistics
- Node statistics & usage Dashboard User administration
Other Features to Love
We have pledged to simplify and to remove repetitive and time-consuming tasks.
Here are a few other time-saving features:
Sensor Tag Management
Simplifies the selection and ongoing management of high volume of sensor tags.
Enter your Cloud, SaaS and Enterprise system Credential once and reuse them for new flows.
Create resources like Tag Lists, ML models, Python/C# scripts and Data Mapping Templates and reuse them in your Flows.
Custom Module Management
Build and deploy your own custom modules. Reuse them in multiple Flows.